AAFP membership is unified, which means that members are required to belong to the national AAFP and to their appropriate chapter. There may also be a local county chapter. Becoming a member with the AAFP, automatically makes you a member at NYSAFP! Student membership is free; IMG membership is only at the National level.
Looking to connect with your colleagues or find an AAFP member from another state? You can access the membership directory:
Pay Your Membership Dues
What is NYSAFP
An introduction for students & residents and all potential members!
NYSAFP Membership Provides
Advancing our Specialty, Saving Members Time, Maximizing Values of our Dues
- Representation at the AAFP.
- Representation of the local county chapters at the NYSAFP Congress of Delegates.
- Promotion of Family Medicine in the Medical Schools and support of student programs.
- Support of Family Medicine Residency & Fellowship Training Programs.
- Representation of Family Medicine in the Federal & State legislatures and policy makers through the PAC.
- AAFP Member Value Statement
- Connect to your peers; Member Directory
Saving Members Time
- Hosting of relevant and interactive CME workshops – See Calendar
- Opportunity to interact with fellow Family Physicians throughout the state.
- Reliable source of relevant and current events
- Weekly e-NewsBrief
- Quarterly peer reviewed journal – Family Doctor
Maximizing the Values of our Dues
- Sponsorship of students and residents to academy meetings (Winter Weekend, Regional Family Medicine) and the Congress of Delegates
- Cultivation of the next generation of family physicians by offering scholarships and awards to pre-medical students, medical students, and residents to participate in family medicine conferences and programs.
- Support of Residents and New Physicians in development of leadership skills and practice opportunities
The Leadership Program provides mentorship opportunities to practicing NYSAFP members.
Learn more about NYSAFP Mentorship Programs
NYSAFP Jobs Board
Looking for a Job? Posting a Job? The NYSAFP Jobs Board is an interactive jobs portal for Employers and Job Seekers.
Lawrence F. Kobak, Esq., Senior Counsel Frier Levitt charges $400 to review each contract and up to an hour consultation (phone, 516—410-2835 or in person) with members. (This does not include actual contract drafting or personal negotiation).
The Nation’s Leading Vaccine Buying Group
SUPPORTING IMMUNIZATION EFFORTS FOR ALL FAMILY PHYSICIANS
Ready to join the NYSAFP / AAFP?
Click here to JOIN NYSAFP / AAFP
Benefits to Joining NYSAFP
View video testimonials of our members’ experiences and benefits for membership with the new York State Academy of Family Physicians.